Cosmetology is an art and with the many different techniques and styles involved in makeup application, it can be to challenging for some people. So we’ve listed ten make up tips and tricks that your must know so you can prep your face with ease. With these ten makeup tricks, you’ll be able to perfect your morning routine.
1. Before applying lipstick, exfoliate your lips using a baby toothbrush.
The very soft bristles can easily and safely scrub the dead skin away so you’ll get a smoother surface that is lipstick-ready.
2. Get a lip liner and draw an X on your upper lip first before putting on lipstick.
By doing so, you will get a perfect Cupid’s bow.
3. Make your chosen eyeshadow color pop by prepping your lid with white eyeliner pencil.
Run it over your entire eyelid and its opaque consistency will make any eyeshadow shade look bright and lovely. Another white pencil makeup trick: use it to line your water line to make your eyes appear bigger.
4. Heat your eyelash curler so your lashes will curl easily.
Use a hair dryer to heat a lash curler for 3-5 seconds then apply it to your lashes when it’s still a little bit warm. Just like a curling iron, heated lash curler will give you flirty lashes that will the whole day.
5. Got a flaky mascara?
Use a saline eye solution to re-wet a mascara that dried up.
6. Wear a new lippie shade by mixing loose pigments with petroleum jelly or clear lip salve.
7. If you wish to turn your pencil eyeliner into a gel liner, hold the tip of the pencil under flame for not more than a second.
Let it cool before applying and there you’ll get a smudgier eyeliner.
8. Want to conceal those dark eye circles?
Conceal it properly by applying your cover up in a triangle-shaped manner. That way, you can hide dark circles and puffy eyes without your concealer showing.
9. When applying mascara, use a plastic spoon on your bottom and upper lashes to prevent getting your mascara on your skin.
10. Go for downward strokes when applying powder or foundation.
While we are encouraged to wash our face and apply face creams using upwards strokes, the opposite is necessary when applying foundation or powder. The downward strokes will not cause face sagging and fine lines, don’t worry. It is because of the facial hair that tends to grow downwards that must be addressed. If foundation is applied using upward strokes, the slightest bit of hair in your face as well as your foundation will look noticeable. So keep the little fuzzy hairs smooth and hidden by brushing foundation in downward strokes.
Now you don’t have to be a professional to look fabulous. Try these makeup tricks and be able to apply makeup that looks beautiful and natural. Once you’ve mastered these makeup tips, you can easily accentuate your best features and hide the flaws without taking so much time and effort.